Keeping with our mission to connect, inform and inspire, The Economic Club of Grand Rapids works with The Seidman College of Business, Grand Valley State University each year to sponsor a high school economic essay contest. This contest helps bring interest to the relevant topics of economics to our community’s high school students as well as investment in our future leaders’ careers.
The Grand Rapids Economic Club Charitable Foundation, a non-profit charitable foundation instituted in 1994, was established to finance the awards for the contest winners and support the Scholarship Fund. Through our members’ unwavering support of this worthwhile endeavor, we continue to provide successful programs year after year!
- Acknowledgment on our website
- Recognition at the Econ Club luncheon and awards program on April 15, 2024
- Logo displayed at the Gold* level
- Company name listed at Silver and Bronze levels
Following are the categories for donations to support the contest and the student awards of over $11,000.
45th ANNUAL ESSAY CONTEST
2023-2024 HIGH SCHOOL ESSAY CONTEST TOPIC:
How Might AI Change the Workforce in the Future?
Analyze the economic, social, and ethical considerations that employers and employees need to prepare for as AI becomes more accessible.
AWARDS ARE AS FOLLOWS:
- FIRST PLACE – $3,000 + YMCA Teen Membership
- SECOND PLACE – $2,000 + YMCA Teen Membership
- THIRD PLACE – $1,000 + YMCA Teen Membership
- FOURTH PLACE – $500 each (10 winners)