Ben & Jerry’s has become one of the most recognizable brands in the food industry. As the leading brand of packaged super-premium ice cream, Ben & Jerry’s has scaled because of its mission to positively impact the lives of people all over the world.
From the first day in operation, Ben & Jerry’s has implemented policies and made purchasing decisions in order to address community inequities and these values have strengthened alongside the growth of the company.
Rapaport joined Ben & Jerry’s in 2017 as the Global Social Mission Officer. In his role, he is tasked with upholding the company’s commitment as a certified B Corp to being a force for good. Through the day-to-day impacts of their operations and value chain, using their influence to promote social change and racial equity, Ben & Jerry’s is creating an economy that puts people first.
President and CEO
CEO of Ledger8760 and
Former EVP of Strategy, Switch
Owner and President
Brewery Vivant & Broad Leaf Brewery & Spirits
No matter the size or industry, every business strives to balance operating efficiently with going the extra mile to satisfy customers’ evolving needs. Today’s customers increasingly demand both. They want to work with companies that offer quality products and services AND work to minimize their impact on the environment and natural resources we all treasure.
Fortunately, sustainability and cost savings aren’t mutually exclusive. You really can save money, protect the planet AND win customers.
Garrick Rochow is president and CEO of Consumers Energy, Michigan’s largest electric and natural gas utility that’s leading the clean energy transformation with industry-leading net-zero greenhouse gas goals and a significant renewable energy buildup planned by 2040. He’ll lead a panel discussion with West Michigan’s business leaders:
– Christina Keller, President & CEO, Cascade Engineering
– Adam Kramer, CEO of Ledger8760 and Former EVP of Strategy, Switch
– Shane Napper, President, Rockford Construction
– Kris Spaulding, Owner and President, Brewery Vivant & Broad Leaf Brewery & Spirits.
Together, they’ll discuss practical sustainability strategies to benefit customers and the bottom line. Topics include:
- How to set sustainability goals and tie them to business objectives – and how to scale for growth.
- Resources to help accelerate the path to sustainability and savings.
- Where to start incorporating sustainability, including low- and no-cost, “quick wins” to save energy and introduce renewable energy.
- Ways to be sustainable and show it to help maximize sustainability ROI.